Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Fun

I know this is a little late--but my life has been consumed with The New Super Mario Bros for Wii.  :-)

First off, let me say that I love Thanksgiving!  It allows us to really think about what we are thankful for and allows us to celebrate together.  Above all the rest, I love spending time with my family.  We always get together at my mom's house and chip in to help with the cooking.  This year's Thanksgiving certainly didn't lack things to do. 

I'd be lying if I said the food wasn't important on Turkey Day.  I love the...


turkey...


  

mashed potatoes, gravy, fruit salad, cranberry relish,squash, rolls, etc...



and of course the apple and pumpkin pie!  :-) 



The whole gang getting stuffed! 



After dinner, we started to tackle making the handmade cards we are going to send to the Holiday Mail for Heroes (also from a previous post).  We had a lot of fun and tapped into our creative sides.  We made a total of 29 cards to mail.




Here are the cards John and I made (okay I made the majority).  :-)




Here are the cards my ultra creative sister and my nephews made. 



And last but not least, even my in-laws got in on the action and did a pretty good job too!



To round out the day, we made our christmas cookie dough so it could sit overnight ready for us to cut, bake, and decorate the cookies the next day.  None of us can resist eating the raw cookie dough (yeah yeah it's bad for you, but that doesn't stop us)!  My little nephew, Jakob, was the lucky recipient of the bowl this year and he enjoyed every drop. 


No comments: