Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hillshire Farms: GO MEAT!



I remembered to take a picture AFTER I had already put it on our plates.  :-)

I had some leftover Hillshire Farm Sausages links and wanted to use them up without eating them on a bun (again).  I found this recipe on Allrecipes and with the advice of the other viewers I modified it slightly and it turned out awesome!  My husband LOVED it.  An extra bonus was that I used a lot of leftover items and didn't have to go to the store. 

Yummy Kielbasa and Potato Bake

1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (I used chicken because I don't like mushrooms)
1 cup milk
Sour cream (I used what I had left, but you can add as much or less that you want). 
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 small onion, diced
1 red pepper, sliced
6-8 Hillshire Farm Sausage Links, sliced thin
4 large russet potatoes, sliced thin (like scalloped potatoes)
Parmesean Cheese (or shredded cheese of your choice)


Directions

1)  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2)  In a large mixing bowl, mix together soup, milk, sour cream, and pepper.
3)  In a pan, sauté onion, pepper, garlic, and sausage links and add to the soup mixture.
4)  Sauté potatoes for a few minutes.
5)  Stir potatoes into soup mixture.
6)  Pour mixture into casserole dish and bake for 30-40 mins, checking the potatoes to see if they are cooked.  The thickness of the potatoes will determine the cook time. 
7)  Add the cheese to the top and bake 5 mins or until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

Marge said...

This sounds wonderful! I think I'll try it soon. Thanks for the recipe :)