Monday, November 23, 2009

When I'm a homeowner...

I can't wait to own a place of our own.  We are currently renting so our place lacks décor.  Quite frankly, we don't have room nor do I want to spend money to buy things that will fit the rental...so until then I will keep maintaining my mental log with all the wonderful ideas I come across.  I saw this on another person's blog (sorry I don't remember who it was but thanks for the idea).  The image itself is from Country Living.  I fell in love with it the moment I saw it.  In my future imaginary house, I would love to do this to my stairs...minus the candles.  The idea of candles in a walkway don't really settle well with me (perhaps it's because I'm clumsy and KNOW I would knock them over). :-)  It doesn't necessarily have to be the same quote--as you could make it whatever you wanted. 



As I was browsing Country Living, I came across handpainted murals on different walls in the home.  It reminded me of my babysitting days.  I babysat for a couple who had an artist paint their child's play room.  It was a mural from "Where the Wild Things Are" and it looked fantastic.  I would love to do this to my home.  What a unique way to add a little bit of something special to your place. 






2 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for becoming a follower! I look forward to reading your blog, as well!

Ashley said...

I love those stairs! This has inspired me to rip the carpet off my steps, if I can talk my husband into it that is. =)